Deadline: 29th July at 12 noon
Applications are now open for the Project Arts Centre Assistant Visual Arts Curator (INTE-777020) / Curatorial Intern for 2013-14.
We are seeking an individual with energy and commitment, to support the growth and daily operations of the visual arts programme of Project Arts Centre. The individual will work closely with the Curator of Visual Arts, as well as learning from the whole team of the multi-disciplinary arts centre. The successful candidate will be in personal contact with the artists of the programme, and will be invited to propose talks, lectures and events at Project Arts Centre, as well as playing an integral role in the shaping and managing of the communications of an internationally followed visual arts programme. This is an opportunity for a young or emerging curator to gather significant experience and contacts inside one of Ireland’s busiest cultural institutions.
Skills & Education:
● Graduate degree in Fine Art, Art History or relevant fields. A Masters degree in curating, art practice or critical studies will be an advantage.
● High level of competency in written language, organization and clarity of presentation.
● The ability to work unsupervised, and to work within a busy office, utilising one’s own problem-solving skills.
● The best candidate will have a strong commitment to the internship period and personal ambition for their own career pathway.
● Knowledge of international contemporary art practice will be a distinct advantage.
● Applications should be sent to Visual Arts Curator, email@example.com by 12.00 noon Monday 29 July – please include the reference number INTE-777020 on your application.
● Applicants should supply a letter of interest in the job, including personal strengths, what specifically you might bring to Project Arts Centre’s Visual Arts and highlighting an event or exhibition in your past that highlights your strengths.
● Interviews will be held on Thursday August 1st – please indicate whether you will be available on this day in your application.
● The internship is offered for 9 months – please indicate in your application that you are committed to this period.
● The internship is approved under the JobBridge National Internship scheme and applicants must be eligible under the terms of the scheme. Find out more about the scheme and the eligibility criteria here.