In a conversation led by Dr. Francis Halsall from the National College of Art & Design, Dublin, Ireland, Willem Boshoff’s digital archive will be discussed. The archive is a major source of Boshoff’s artistic output and the product of many years of intensely disciplined and wide-ranging research and documentation in three main areas – botany, language and music. The digital archive was recently donated to the University of the Free State and may be consulted at the Department of Art History and Image Studies. Large parts of it will also be made accessible on the University website at http://scholar.ufs.ac.za. The playful, informative, artistic and sensory processes involved in the production and performance of the archive will be unravelled as part of a range of interconnected networks and systems.
– Ivan Vladislavic, author of Willem Boshoff (2004)
– Dr Katja Gentric whose doctoral dissertation at the University of Bourgogne (2013) is on Boshoff’s work
– Helene Smuts, arts education writer and publisher
– Masters’ student on Boshoff’s archive, Josef van Wyk
– Prof Johan Rossouw, philosopher and author